Clare Family Learning Project can develop family learning training modules to suit local needs, specifically for a topic e.g. Engaging Dads or a refresher course for those who may have attended training some years ago.
Typically topics covered can include:
- Theory and research
- Programme themes
- Increasing parental understanding of how school works at primary and second level
- Providing fun learning opportunities based around home and family to encourage positive attitudes and further participation in learning
- Explaining curriculum content and helping parents identify how they can help with homework and study skills
- Promoting greater engagement with books and stories at all ages.
- Working in partnership
- Evaluation and progression.
We have lots of resources to share and the training will facilitate sharing of ideas.