Impact of Family Learning work in Clare:
Peadar King, Curriculum Development Centre, Shannon.
Clare Family Learning Project
‘Horizon Integra’ Final Evaluation Report 1996-1997
This report found that parents had identified clear tangible outcomes not only for themselves but also for their children.
They reported that:
- Participation in the project has enhanced their relationship with their children.
- Their own literacy and numeracy skills have improved.
- They read more to their children and feel more confident in choosing books.
- They feel more confident about making contact with schools.
- They consider increased self-confidence and a more positive attitude towards learning as the most significant gains from the programme.