Clare Family Learning Project has been part of a number of EU and international projects since 2004.
Projects have included Grundtvig, Comenius Regio and CEDEFOP:
- 2004 Grundtvig 116723-CP-1-2004-1-NO-GRUNDTVIG-G41
FALCON Project Family Learning Conference
Family learning network and conference
Grundtvig 4 Thematic Seminar, FALCON, which involved a network of FL partners. VOX in Norway was the host for the project. Clare Family Learning Project showcased our work at a presentation and workshop in Oslo in 2005.
- 2007 Grundtvig 230305 – CP – 1 – 2006 –1- RO – Grundtvig – G11PP
How to develop a family approach to active citizenship
From FALCON grew a Grundtvig 1 Partnership, FACE –IT! Families and Active Citizenship Education – An Integrated Training! Family learning methodologies were used to deliver active citizenship. Romania is the project host country. A handbook was launched at a conference in Iasi, Romania in July 2008.
- 2006-2008 Grundtvig 230305-CP-1-2006- RO-GRUNDTVIG- G11
FACE-IT Project. Family Learning Partnership
Families and Active Citizenship Education – an Integrated Training.
During FACE-IT! we developed a Grundtvig 3 Training for trainers, ‘How to Develop a Family Approach to Active Citizenship’. This 5 day international training, included 2 days online and 3 days face to face. One of these will run in Ennis, Co. Clare, the other training will be in Marseilles, France with another partner. Training dates included 14th ,15th and 16th November 2007.
- 2009 Socrates IE-2009-129-001 Family Learning Tutor Training
Clare Family Learning Project hosted an international Grundtvig 3 Training for Trainers in Ennis, Ireland in 2009.
- Families, Learning, Impact and the National Agenda Research, policy and practice
A research and professional development opportunity linking theory and practice. Conference. National Institute of Adult and Continuing Education.
22-23 January 2009. Sheffield, England.
- 2010 Comenius Pr10-2 Roma Families Learning RoFaL
The importance of parental involvement in children’s learning. In 2010 the project took part in a two year Comenius Regio Project.
- 2009 Grundtvig UK-2009-969-001 Conference on Family Learning, Delivering a Learning Society European Family Learning Network
- 2012 Grundtvig Training for Training UK-2012-1607-002. Oxford, UK. Developing Inclusive Intergenerational Family Learning as a Tool for Lifelong Learning reference number 29th September to 4th October 2012 Session ID 44396
- Family Learning International Training, Linkoping, Sweden. 23rd, 24th September 2014.
- Hosted 20 Norwegians on a Study Visit to Clare Family Learning Project 2nd /3rd April 2014.
- Hosted 2 Swedish Teachers on Job Shadowing to Clare Family Learning Project, March 2014.
- Member of CEDEFOP (European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training) EU funded Family Learning Study Visit to Linkoping, Sweden. October 2013.
- Hosted 7 staff from Luxembourg on a Study Visit to Ennis, planning to set up a similar Family Learning programme, May 2015.
- Presented Clare Family Learning Project to the National Families Learning Summit, Houston, Texas, USA, in March 2015.
EU Comenius Regio Project Roma Families learning 2010-2012 with partner area in Aydin, Turkey. Developed booklets for parents ‘How to help children do well in school.’ Czech/English and Slovak/English versions.
Hosted German Erasmus Student to Clare Family Learning Project, for research thesis on family learning. April to June 2010
Hosted 4 Norwegians on Study Visit to Clare Family Learning Project April 2010.
International Family Learning Grundtvig Training for Trainers. 13th– 17th October 2009. Adult Education Centre, Ennis, Co. Clare.
Family Learning in Ireland. Presentation 26th March 2009 – International Conference ‘Good school – equal opportunities.’ Jögeva Municipality, Estonia.
Delivering Family Learning Programmes Training workshop 27th March 2009 Jögeva, Estonia.
Family Learning, from Theory to Practical Activities. Presentation and workshop at FACE IT! Integrated Training and International Conference, EuroEd, Iasi, Romania July 2-4, 2008. Grundtvig Partnership. (FACE – IT Project 2006 – 2008)
International Family Learning and Active Citizenship Tutor Training. Clare Education Centre, Ennis. 27th – 29th February 2008. Grundtvig Training for Trainers.
Engaging Dads. Presentation at International Leargas Grundtvig Partnership and Contact Seminar on Family Literacy and Numeracy. Old Ground Hotel, Ennis. 22nd -25th November 2007
International Training How to Develop a Family Approach to Active Citizenship. Adult Education Centre, Ennis. 14th-17th November 2007. Grundtvig Training for Trainers. (FACE – IT Project 2006 – 2008)
Using and adapting Clare Family Project Resource Pack to meet the needs of different target groups. Presentation and workshop at FALCON – Family Learning Conference, Oslo, Norway. 31st August to September 4th 2005. Grundtvig Thematic Seminar (FALCON Project 2003 – 2005).